Saturday, February 20, 2010

Office Depot #2095. Please Get Customer Service Skills!!!!

I seriously wonder how some people can work in Customer Service and deal with the public in an affective way that benefits both the customer and company.  How about if I just stop myself right there.  Obviously I've had a shitty day dealing with the customer service team at Office Depot #2095 in Somerset, Kentucky.  They obviously need training.  Shall we proceed to my complaint?

Ok, Sheldon and I were shopping at the Office Depot in London, Kentucky as we were needing some supplies.  I saw that the Microsoft D6000 keyboard/mouse was on sale for $39.99 marked down from $79.99.  I've been wanting a new keyboard/mouse combo because when I'm at home I just put my laptop on a docking station so I can use my flatscreen monitor.  Of course, the London location was out.  They said the Somerset location had two in stock.  While in store we called the Somerset location and they confirmed, took down my name, and said they would hold until the end of the day.  Ok, so we proceed to drive to that location whitch is 45 minutes away.  Got over there and went up to the desk and spoke with Meghan.  That was a mistake. Let's just say to make a long story short, the two they had in stock were apparently a mistake (or so she says).  She never apologized or anything that I drove almost an hour as she was supposed to hold one back.  When she pulled them up from inventory there were zero.  My thinking is that when I talked to her, she never actually pulled it off of the shelf, because when I came up to mention why I was there she had this weird look on her face.  She then proceeded to say that I could order online.  I told her I was not paying shipping as I drove that far.  I wanted her to order and ship to my home, and somehow she could NOT comprehend this easy task.  I walked out upset as her customer service skills (did I mention that she even walked away to tell some guy she will text him later) were so horrendous!  I seriously about pulled my hair out.  We then went back to the London store to order and the wonderful manager, John was much more than helpful!  He actually took the Microsoft D5000 which was the same regular price, but on sale for $64.99 and marked it down to the $34.99.  So he gave us a better one with an additional $26.00 off.  We were very happy with his professionalism!  I will never ever go back to the Somerset location.  This unprofessional customer service associate (Meghan) really needs to learn how to work with customers.  Actually, she shouldn't even be working with customers.  It was just that bad. 

Ahh..so I vented.  Now off to watch the CATS beat the Commodores and to cook some supper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment