Friday, February 19, 2010

Busy as a Bee!

Seems as if the past few weeks have moved by so fast.  I seriously have so much to do that I don't know where to even begin.  Trying to blog and plan relocation to a different state has been tough.  I've slacked off and can't wait to make blogging more of a regimen, but seems as of right now that any updates I can fit in will have to suffice.  Here is an update for the past week.

We have a Texas home!!!  We found a two bedroom/two bath apartment in Lewisville, Texas.   We decided upon this particular apartment due to specials, location, and the fact that we do not want to buy or build a home right now as we will still have property in Kentucky.   Lewisville is about 18 miles North of downtown Dallas.  It has around 100k people and the town seems to fit us perfectly.  Originally when we traveled to TX in December we said "this is the town" for us.  After looking at many homes and condo's in the North Dallas area we drifted back to the Lewisville area. The area has tons of shopping plus a huge mall.  I'm very excited to be going to Texas!!!!

A photo of (Old Town) Lewisville, TX.  The feel of a small town in the Dallas Metroplex. 


Saturday 2/13/10 I was continuing to have pains near the right kidney area.  I went to the ER and we sat there a total of almost seven hours and still have no clue.  They done a cat scan and found that I do have a cyst on my right ovary, and the RN thought maybe the cysts burst causing the pain.  The appendix and gallbladder were also on the list, but things seem to be pretty normal there.  I had about four doses of Morphine through the IV and then two other stronger medications.  Let's just say that I began feeling pretty good on my way home.  The pain has came and gone, so other than that I'm knocking on wood hoping that the cyst was the culprit.

I was feeling better and Sunday was our first Valentine's Day together.  I'm definitely not a fan of this day.  I just think it's wrong for people to celebrate love only "one" day out of the year.  Couples should be acting like this everyday of the year with the emotions, kindness, and spoken love towards one another.  I don't get how some couples "make it look good" on one day.  Do it the other 364 days per year if you really love the other person.  Anywho, Sheldon made me a homemade card and it was awesome.  Definitely much better than Hallmark.  We had an awesome day and drove through the mountains of Eastern Kentucky since this will be the last time we will probably have the opportunity to do so.  Here are a few photos from that day:

Breaks Interstate Park KY/VA

My love.

The baby doggie travels with us.

Going over Pine Mountain heading towards Harlan.


Yours truly!



Nothing much as been happening this week.  Just planning alot of the move and such.  Countdown is officially on!!!
  • 7 days until we leave for our trip to our place in Texas.  On this trip we are picking up the keys, moving some boxes in, and dropping off Tibby in the garage. 
  • 30 days until our wedding!!!!!!!!!
  • 36 days until we officially become Texans!!  Ok, so Sheldon is already a Texan.  However he needs to get his roots wet again. 
Since Sheldon decided to make a trip to the office today, I will be heading to Corbin to spend the afternoon with my long time best (girl) friend, Deb.  I've known her since I worked at HSBC in 2002 and she has been the only female that will come through for me and pretty much the only one I trust.  Hopefully will get some photos up later.

'Til next time!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the scenic pics Nat! Oh, and the one of you and your pup is adorable... Goodluck with the move. Have a nice week girley! :)

    ReplyDelete