Saturday, February 6, 2010

A very exhausting day!!!

Today has been quite the exhausting day.  Sheldon and I got up at 5am as he had drill in Frankfort and he had to be there by 8am.  I usually go with him as I really don't have anything to do, plus I love being with him.  So...I then drove to Louisville and went shopping.  Got back to Frankfort around 230pm and since he was still at drill I decided to go to Lexington.

In Lexington I had to drop my wedding gown off to get it steamed, pressed, cleaned, etc.  Afterwards I picked him up at the Lexington Army site, even though he is in the Air Force.  He has some technical training there.  We went over to Zales and I then took in my wedding bands to get re-sized.  We also purchased his wedding band while we were there.

While in Lexington we decided we wanted Italian so we headed over to Belle Notte's.  He was still in his uniform and the food was amazing.  There was this couple sitting next to us and they left.  While we were waiting for our check their waiter dropped off a card to Sheldon with writing on it.  Inside was a $25 gift certificate and a note that stated "Thank you for your service to our great nation.  Steven & Gina, US Army Retired".  We looked at one another and was in awe that complete strangers done that, and was just that giving.  As we left out our waitress and a few others said something to the affect of the same thing.  It was really touching and made me so proud of my baby and definitely of those in the military who are much more deserving.  Guess it's our time to "give back" now. 

Tonight we are in the hotel in Frankfort and staying in.  We decided to stay in and cuddle (ok, he's asleep at 745pm, but I'm gonna wake him) and watch some Cops and America's Most Wanted.  Ahh...how good it feels to be relaxing for a change.  Only other thing to do tonight is call his parents and thank them for my birthday card and gift:) 

Happy Saturday everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment