Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas

I'm usually not in the Christmas mood.  Maybe it's the fact that growing up I never had the chance to celebrate Christmas.  My parents were not the perfect parents, by any means, and due to many things surrounding my environment,  holidays were never celebrated.  I've always been anti-holiday because I've lost all of my family and it just never really feels right when celebrating with others.  I've always appreciated the love I've received around the holidays, but there has always been a black hole there.  Yes, there have been a few celebrations of Christmas with ex in-laws that were great.  However, I always went home feeling dark on the inside.  That still happens, however it's getting better......

 So, Christmas 2009 is the beginning of a new tradition.  I'm going to celebrate the fact that I'm starting over in life.  I've met the most wonderful person who is very special to me.  We are both at a point in which we both want the same things out of life and I'm so excited to begin the holiday tradition with him.  I finally feel that I'm in the perfect place and I'm very excited about the future.   I'm going to begin celebrating the holidays from now on according to the way we like it and the way that we perceive it.  Thankfully, we both agree on most things!  I have a few pics from several weeks ago of our first tree we put up.  Of course we did not want a big tree.  We are just starting out and decided to get something very small for now.  If you have seen the living room then you know we could've put up a 20ft tree with plenty of room to spare.  Instead..we opted for the itty bitty cute 4ft tree!!!  PERFECT for us!  Here are a few pics that I thought I'd post before I delete from the camera.  Ok, off to do some online shopping! 

"Our First Christmas" ornament.


Our little tree!!!


His (UofL) and her (Chicago Cubs) ornaments.


Teehee.  It's so adorable.  Oh..this is before we put additional ornaments on it. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the first Christmas ornament for you & Sheldon. Very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I ordered it at a good deal online. The Things Remembered store was too high.

    ReplyDelete