Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy Hump Day!

Geez.  It's seriously windy today here!  I mean insane!!  Sitting here looking at travel websites and books trying to get an idea of what we are exactly doing for our May/June vacation.  While we have decided to go West, there are just so many things that we want to see....so many of the National Parks.  However, knowing that we are going in late May, many of the roads in the higher elevations may not be open.  We are deciding if we want to drive out from Kentucky or fly into a Frontier Airline destination such as Denver, Salt Lake City, or Vegas and then rent a car.  Is is so much more expensive to rent a car in Denver rather than Vegas or SLC.  I think that Sheldon and I will talk it over and figure something out within the next few weeks so we can go ahead and book what we need to. 

Sheldon and I often wonder how we can get jobs as travel reporters through The Travel Channel.  I mean seriously, I could even do the reporting and he can do lots of IT stuff on-site.  How hard would that be???  I really need a travel blog so I can put up a donation link for us and everyone in America who can't travel can donate a buck and we can travel for everyone!  Sounds like the perfect solution to me:)  I mean we already go somewhere every weekend...road trip, parks, museums..it's always somewhere and something!

So, upcoming stuff in our household? 
  • December 11, 12, 13th we will be in Louisville as Sheldon has drills that weekend.  I'm thinking of staying in the hotel with Zoey all of Saturday (since it will be cold) and wait for him to get back to the room.  I think Saturday night that we are going out with April and Dave at 4th Street to grab a bite.  If not there, then maybe up the street at the Old Spaghetti Factory.  I think after dinner they are going out to a piano bar while we will make our way back to the hotel or get into some mischief somewhere.  However, it will definitely have to be an early night for us.
  • December 19th we are going to Cincinnati for a daily getaway.  I plan to take Sheldon a few places while we take some pictures.  We plan on going to my favorite coffeehouse to get a cappuccino, which is a great start to the day.  While I lived in Lexington, I hit up this coffeehouse almost weekly as I was in the area quite a bit.  I truly miss it!  There is just something nostalgic about it.  The rest of the day is planned out with trips to parks, overlooks, ice skating in the outdoor rink, and dinner in Newport.
  • CHRISTMAS!  As for Christmas looks like we will be taking that weekend and stay at home celebrating and just relaxing.  HOWEVER, on December 27, 28, 29, and 30th we will be in the mountains in Asheville, NC.   We will be just relaxing alot and also going up to the ski resort. 
  • As for New Year's Eve...I think we may just stay at home and watch the shiny ball drop!
Since I'm multitasking I guess I better get back to doing all of the household domesticated stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment